
This past Memorial Day weekend we went to Tyler State Park. This was our first full Nowlin family vacation. It was a lot of fun and there was a lot of discomfort. The discomfort part was due to the heat and mugginess of East Texas. UUGGH!!!! But we all survivied it. We all had a great time playing in the lake and Sean, Laura and Melanie went out on a paddle boat. Luckie especially loved being able to go down to the lake and wade and cool off in the lake. Tyler State Park is beautiful with the pine trees all around you. Very Pretty!!


On Saturday we went to the Tyler Zoo and had a great time. Due to the heat a lot of the animals weren't too active but some were. The albino tigers were having a grand o time playing in the water. Too funny. Sam loves making animal sounds and this weekend the other kids taught her a new one; a wolf "aaawhooo". I think Samantha really enjoyed being able to see the animal live in person and not just in a book or movie. She was really excited to see "Happy Feet" (penguins for those that don't know about the movie). We got to go into the Atrium with a lot of birds. Well the birds were parakeets and cockatiels - so Melanie felt right at home.

Sam did really well on her first camping trip with the dirt and bugs everywhere up until Sunday when I put her in the bike trailer (converted to a stroller). I thought I check it for daddy long legs (becuase they are EVERYWHERE) well I didn't check it good enough. She was in and we started our walk and I guess one crawled across her head and she FREAKED. She wanted out. Luckily I had a back carrier (thx to Katie) and we used that for the hike instead. After the spider crawled on her she was looking out for "bugs" and wanted nothing to do with them.
All in all we had a GREAT time. I am so greatful for such a wonderful family. We may not always get along but we love each other regardless.
No comments:
Post a Comment