Monday, September 3, 2007

Austin Zoo

We had a really great Labor Day holiday. Sunshine took all of us to the Austin Zoo for a fun outing. This was Sam's first time at a zoo and she really had fun. Of course Melanie was right at home with the birds. She loves them and they really seem to love her. This cockatoo would be right up against the cage allowing Melanie to pet its head and under its wing.
It was a bit warm and humid today but we were still able to have a pretty good time. Danica and Sam were really great troopers and didn't complain about anything. Sam had not had a nap all day and stayed in a really great mood. I have been so blessed with her temperment. She is a lot a fun to have around. She keeps us all in good spirits. It was really funny hearing Melanie in the back seat complaining about Sean AND Sam poking her. Gotta love em! I think that Grandma Sharon even had a nice time watching her children and grand children enjoying the animals.

Family update: Sam is standing up by herself and walks 10-15 steps at times. She is really getting around on her feet and knees (all depends on how fast she wants to get there). She just cut her fifth tooth and is really starting to use those chompers. Melanie started her Junior year of High School this last week and really likes her teachers. She also got her driving permit a couple weeks ago so now she wants to drive everywhere we go. She is doing pretty good - I still get nervous but I am trying hard not to show it to her. I am really proud of her and think she will do continue to do well. She also had her first "offical "date just over a week ago. AAGH!! I can't believe she is that old already. Sean and Laura have purchased their first home and moved in last weekend. They are doing really well and now we just have the wedding to look forward to. I have now been released back to work since having my surgery and am a bit sad that I can longer lounge all day with Sam and Mel (ya right like I lounged). But I am glad to be feeling a lot better. It has been a long time coming. Work for me is good as I am very busy since I have about 6 weeks worth of work to catch up on but I am glad for the company and bosses that I work for as they are great. But I really do enjoy not being at work and spending time with family so today was a perfect day. Thank you Sunshine!!













No comments: